Eclipse RCP 3.3 update issue
I have updated my Eclipse RCP demo application using Eclipse 3.3. I ran into problems with the update mechanism, getting errors with regards to the feature org.eclipse.rcp. I already filed a bug (204075).
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create an RCP-based application with update functionality
2. Include the feature org.eclipse.rcp in your own feature
3. Deploy your application to the local file system
4. Create a new version of your feature
5. Update your update site
6. Try to update your previously deployed application
You cannot update it, because you get an error with regards to org.eclipse.rcp 3.3.0 v>xxxx>.jar: [Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes]
Workaround (only tested on Windows):
1. Browse your Eclipse 3.3 distribution’s feature directory
2. Jar the org.eclipse.rcp feature again (to zip it and then rename it to .jar works just fine)
3. Copy the new feature to your update site (override the original org.eclipse.rcp feature)
Then your update works fine again.